Here at Fastnet, we deliver specialist marketing solutions for the marine industry. Our bespoke marketing packages can include generating and managing fantastic content to help reach your audience in the most effective way. One of the things we recommend to all businesses is a Facebook page to help increase your online visibility and improve the position of your website in a Google search.
We offer social media support to enhance your marketing package if you aren’t in a position to manage it yourself. However, if you want to give it a try, take a look below for important information and our top tips about Facebook for business…
Why use Facebook for business?
Facebook is the number one social media platform people use today. There are over 2.2 billion active users, 66% of whom log in on a daily basis. By going where your target market is, you are much more likely to engage with them. It’s also a fantastic way to generate and gather leads, which you can then turn into conversions.
Facebook is free to use, although there are paid elements you may wish to consider that you could benefit from using. There is also a whole host of handy features which Facebook are regularly updating to help you make your posts as effective as possible!
The basics of using Facebook for business
Some of these may sound obvious, but you’d be surprised how many can get missed or added incorrectly when setting up a business page on Facebook:
- Be reachable. Make it very easy for people to contact you, so include at least your website, email address and contact number. Make sure your details are accurate – customers need to be able to reach you or they’ll go elsewhere! 😔
- Be clear. People need to know instantly what you do, where you do it and why, so give yourself an informative bio. This is a great opportunity to get your USP and key messages in, which will also help in Google searches.
- Be bold. Add clear, eye-catching branding that includes your logo for your profile picture, banner and company images.
Using Facebook for SEO
Facebook is a great tool for boosting your SEO, increasing your online presence and improving your position in online searches. Check out our top tips sheet below for using Facebook effectively to improve your SEO – even better, you can click to download it and print as a handy guide!
Make your Facebook business page work for you
Facebook has a notorious algorithm that can make it challenging for businesses to reach their target market. The algorithm controls the ordering and presenting of posts on your news feed based on how relevant they are to you. The latest developments this year mean it prioritises content from family, friends and groups, making it harder for posts by businesses to reach the news feeds of their audience.
Luckily, our experienced team at the Fastnet studio have a few tricks up their sleeves to advise you on how to work around this and reach your audience as easily as possible.
For those with a small, or no budget, there are some ways to grow your audience organically without paying for the perks of Facebook advertising and boosted posts:
- Hit a bullseye. Use Facebook’s Audience Optimisation tool to target specific groups such as by age or location and reach people who are more likely to engage with you (relevant posting).
- Be there, or be square. Use Facebook Insights to find out when your audience are typically online, and post around those times to catch them while they’re there (active posting).
- Get crafting. Carefully word your post, add engaging images or video plus appropriate tags and links to maximise the performance of your post (efficient posting).
This won’t reach as many people as paid posts or adverts, but it will give you the best possible outcome for your free posts.
Got a bit to spend? You can make the most of Facebook’s paid tools to reach the most amount of people, and get the most engagements:
- Boosted posts – this is where you pay to boost your post to a larger audience, or a targeted audience of your choosing.
- Adverts – these are the ads you see in your news feed, and on the right-hand column of your screen. They are targeted to users based on their location, demographic and profile information.
Our top tips for using Facebook for business
There are some super helpful things you can do to make sure your business page on Facebook is as effective as possible. Check out our top tips sheet below – and remember to download and print it!
Don’t fancy doing it yourself? Let us do it for you! Get in touch today and find out how we can help you boost your posts, increase those sparkling conversations and build loyalty for your brand.