Would you like to become a member of the Fastnet team?
We’re looking for a full time Front End Developer to join our existing developers, designers and content managers. You’ll be responsible for working on a diverse range of projects, managing your own time to deliver fantastic quality work within clear deadlines.
People are the most important part of our business. Everyone within our close-knit team has a can-do attitude and the drive to approach approach tasks with both enthusiasm and determination – and we love a challenge! If it sounds like you would make a great fit, read on…
What we’re looking for
- Experience working in an agency or similar role for a minimum of 2 years, dealing with lots of different projects and clients
- Great organisational skills and a keen attention to detail
- A resourceful, positive and creative problem-solver
- An individual with a passion for producing beautiful, functional platforms
- The ability to clearly and confidently communicate with management teams, colleagues and clients, including explaining more complex technical ideas and processes in a clear and concise manner
- The commitment to work flexibly when required to hit deadlines and deliver projects on time
Your skills and experience must include
- A proven background in delivering and maintaining responsive WordPress websites
- A clear understanding of responsive design
- Knowledge of a back-end web language such as PHP and MySQL
- Knowledge of integrating third-party APIs
- Experience both in building WordPress websites from scratch, and in implementing and adapting the following WordPress plugins: Advanced Custom Fields, Visual Composer, WooCommerce and BuddyPress
- Experience in migrating websites and DNS management
We’d also love it if you
- Have experience in using Manage WP and WP Engine
- Are a demon at bug fixing and problem solving
- Are a real team player
- Have a love of the water!
What you can expect in return
- The latest kit, including a new 28 inch Apple iMac to use in the office
- Support from a friendly team who want you to succeed
- A relaxed, engaging working environment with endless tea, coffee and biscuits
- Proven working processes, which enable you to achieve the best results
- Pre-payday Pizza (ordered into the office once a month!)
- A team culture that is focused around a healthy work/ life balance
- Team social events every 3 months
- A profit-related bonus scheme – if the business is doing well, the whole team benefits
All about us
Back in 2015, our MD Sarah recognised that there are a huge number of marine businesses in Cornwall and further afield that don’t have the right marketing support. A keen sailor, Sarah knew that the industry has specific requirements, communicates with a certain audience and comes from a strong community with a proud heritage.
Fastnet Marketing grew from Sarah’s desire to offer bespoke marketing solutions to those in the marine industry who needed support and guidance from someone that spoke their language and shared their passion.
We now offer a range of digital marketing services, including branding, website design and build, content creation and event management for a variety of forward-thinking clients from our sunny seaside office near Falmouth, Cornwall. We are rapidly expanding, and this is an exciting opportunity to add a significant contribution to an up-and-coming business.
Want to find out more?
Call our office on 01326 250879 to book a one-to-one chat with our Managing Director, Sarah, about what the role entails, or visit our website at fastnet.agency.
To apply, please email a CV, covering letter and a portfolio of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is Friday 6th July 2018
Interviews will be held on Thursday 12th July 2018